To produce teachers who are committed, self regulated to core values, norms and ethics of the Profession.
The mission of the faculty of Education is to provide an exercise of responsible judgment at the heart of professional activity and the actions of caring, competence and commitment of teachers to help every learner reach his or her potential in a bid to provide quality education.
- To produce all round teachers that can effectively teach courses that are demand driven.
- To offer teachers training with unique knowledge and skills through offering entrepreneurial competencies at the highest level of professionalism.
- Promote research oriented courses which will generate knowledge and innovation needed for sustainable development as well as dissemination of such information. Tony Blair former UK Premier said, “Our children cannot be effective in tomorrow’s world if trained in yesterday’s skills”.
- Prepare students in the skills of basic accounting, entrepreneurship, management, communication skills as the key basis for them to fit in the outside world.
- To train teachers who will promote community outreach projects that are designed to uplift the standards of the living, as a way of University contribution to national development and modernization.
REGULAR PROGRAMMES OFFERED IN THE FACULTY
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (Proposed)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management with Education(Proposed)
1. Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAED)
2. Bachelor of Art and Design with Education(BADE)
- Bachelor of ICT with Education(BECIT)
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship with Education(BEP)
- Bachelor of Science with Education.(Proposed)
DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY EDUCATION
This program is for upgrading Teachers interested in having higher academic qualifications in their respective disciplines. The requirements for admission in this program are mainly for those students who have attained a Grade 111 Certificate in Primary Education from institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education and Sports .
General objective of the Program
To improve on the quality of our education system through continuous professional development and knowledge acquisition
The DPE program takes a minimum of two (2) academic years, with a total of six sessions. University examinations are conducted at the end of each session.
Muteesa I Royal University has a library at both Kirumba-Masaka ,Kakeeka-Mengo Campuses and Mubende Campus. The library is available for private study and individual research. It has a large stock of reading material including the latest textbooks, journals, pamphlets and a few other publications. Students may borrow books on short-loan basis.
Besides, students are advised to utilize library facilities in other institutions such as the World Bank, British Council, United States Information Services (USIS), Uganda Management Institute (UMI), Ministry of Planning, Kampala City Authority (KCA), Masaka Research Centre and also seek affiliation with Libraries of other Universities, etc. In most of these libraries, private reading is open to students, subject to availability of reading space and presentation of a valid identity card. However, borrowing of reading materials is usually restricted to members of these libraries. The Faculty is always ready to give letters of introduction/recommendation to facilitate students interested in becoming members of these libraries.
The University has a well-equipped computer lab with internet at the Kampala Campus, which is accessible to students both during their lecture and free time. By the time the students reach their third year, they are expected to be computer-literate enough to process their work, including research projects.
The diploma awarded shall be called Diploma of Primary Education (DPE) and its classification shall be based on CGPA as follows.
The first session of the year one intended to give students a general grasp of the Foundation courses in Education.
In the second session of year one, students then take on their respective disciplines upon which they are upgrading till their sixth session.
A wide variety of learning methods such as straight lectures, seminars, case studies, simulations, role-playing, student presentations and projects are used in conducting the courses.
The program has a variety of individual and group projects intended to give students an insight into the modern trends in the education sector specific issues in Pedagogy, Curriculum development to mention but a few are looked at . Group projects enable participants to take advantage of teamwork and share different views on subjects and do course works.
Modules have been developed such that students can get them at the end of each session, to read at home in advance before they come back for the next session organized in each end of term holiday.