Back Ground of the Club
The club started operating last semester 2010 founded by Ambassador Mutagubya Dickson and the Committee and was launched in November 4th Friday 2011 in the University Auditorium (Main Hall) with the Main objective of “instilling integrity and fighting Corruption in society”. We have so far registered an approximate number of 103 members as founder members and still registering more students each year. With this thrust, we hope to build a corrupt – free environment and ensure that integrity traverses our social boundaries. However, the uprightness of character, honesty, upholding integrity is the first step towards the eradication of societal vices such as corruption. The effects of corruption and lack of integrity can be tackled through progressively changing student’s and individual’s way of life by inculcating morals generation after generation and values of life socially, economically and ethically. The youth have great potentials and abilities that they must fully commit towards facilitating and accelerating the fight against corruption being guided by the values of integrity, accountability and responsibility as the key aspects of achieving a corruption free society.
Our Goals and Objectives
Due to the potentiality of corruption to derail development as a culture deeply ingrained in student’s way of life, the club will bring people from all spheres of life. The specific purposes are.
- To provide a platform for the youth, students of Muteesa 1 Royal University and the general public to address the concept of corruption beginning with themselves and outreaching to others thereby creating a network of Integrity Ambassadors.
- To increase demand for accountability in the use of public resources by empowering students/teachers to hold public officials accountable.
- Increased knowledge, awareness of obligations and responsibilities of citizens towards the state and vice versa I so far as addressing corruption.
- Improved transparency in conduct of public affairs by demanding for openness of government and its activities to the citizens.
- To recognize dignity and values of all occupations as opportunities to serve.
- To recognize, practice, support and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- To support and contribute to Uganda’s social welfare and advancement through the mobilization, sensitization, education and spread of appropriate information among the youth that is relate to the fight against corruption and promotion of integrity.
- To establish promote and provide a forum and facilities for enabling the people in Uganda and elsewhere to play their respective role in spearheading integrity with the view of protecting the current and future generations.
- To organize workshops, seminars, lectures, symposia, meetings and others public for the people and to design or assist in designing social programmes that will help inculcate the values of integrity in all the people.
- To demystify the glory attained by the corrupt members of society who hitherto have received undue praise and thereof clearing any doubts and false beliefs and attitudes towards self-actualization in the wrong way.
- To liaise, Co-operate and promote collaboration with other clubs including government bodies, non-governmental bodies, individuals, local communities, educational institutions, religious Clubs and related networks with similar objects in the furtherance of the club’s objects.
- To establish a charitable fund, to receive grants, donations, gifts and other forms of financial and material facilitation to enable the club run its activities and programmes.
- To establish links with and/or affiliate to local and/or international non- governmental clubs having similar objects.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the club’s objectives or any of them.
ACTIVITIES OF INTEGRITY CLUBS
To accomplish our mission Integrity Ambassadors Club engages in different activities tailored towards advocating for and spreading the doctrine of integrity and creating a hatred for corruption among the youth. Such activities include the following among others:
- Sensitizing other students about the evils of corruption and the value of integrity through debates, poetry, music and drama
- Organizing and holding leaders’ empowerment seminars, focusing on the role of student leaders in the fight against corruption
- Organizing and holding elections and handover ceremonies for executive members.
- Engaging in sensitization matching which is aimed at sensitizing communities around their institutions.
- Engaging in outreach programmes to sensitize schools and communities back at home, during holidays.
- Forming an observer group to monitor guild elections, come up with a report and issue it to the administration.
Contact us for more information
Face book Page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Integrity-Ambassadors-CLUB-Kakeeka-Mengo/268510646524572?ref=hl
Face Book Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/integrityambassadorsclub/
Call: (+256)077 4401 283/(+256)0702 969 549 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting