- Job title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: The Vice Chancellor
Duty Station: Kirumba – Masaka
No of vacancies: 01
Job role: Responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of the MRU marketing planning. Organize and direct the Marketing Department. Ensure that marketing projects are well coordinated and complement the strategic goals and objectives of MRU. Participate in the inception and development of new services based on perceived member needs. Research marketing needs and analyze marketing trends. Supervise and appraise the activities of subordinate personnel and ensures that all promotional activities are performed professionally.
Key result areas/responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare and implement strategic marketing plan.
- Oversee departmental budget.
- Develop, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns.
- Research and recommend service enhancements to provide quality service.
- Responsible for editorial content, design, production, and distribution of all publications, both print and electronic.
- Manage digital marketing efforts including website design & maintenance and Social Media.
- Ensure development of services are compliant.
- Develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for the department.
- Oversee business development activities.
- Monitor, maintain, and order as needed, promotional products, logo wear & print material.
- Develop and administer marketing database
- Popularise MRU to the public by carrying promotional campaigns in all University activities in line with the University policies
- Oversee students enrollment and retention
Job knowledge, skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Marketing Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Management
- At least Three (3) years’ experience in Marketing Management with demonstrated success.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and strategic planning experience; and a proven track record in development of and administering a marketing program.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess top level business management and interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people at all levels in and outside the organization.
- Possess strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their sealed applications under confidential cover, together with the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae signed and dated by the candidate and relevant academic credentials to the Human Resources Office, Muteesa I Royal University on the email: email@example.com
- Receiving of applications will close on the 23rd of August 2019 at 5.00pm