Muteesa I Royal University (MRU) is a private university that was accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE) in 2007. Its Main Campus is situated in Kirumba Masaka, with other campuses in Mubende and Mengo-Kakeeka. The mission of the MRU is to provide an effective and efficient setting for the development of intellectually dynamic individuals, principled and resourceful professionals and practitioners. MRU is seeking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and committed candidates to fill the positions highlighted below:
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Head of Department
Duty Station: Kirumba, Masaka
No of vacancies: 02
The key performance areas (KPAs):
- Managing the office including;
- Provision of secretarial support to the unit office and department
- Keeping an Inventory of all furniture fittings, machines and equipment used in the department and ensuring they are properly used
- Making timely requisition of stationery and other office requirements
- Performing a public relations function including;
- Attending to internal and external customers of the department and in particular answer to inquiries and provide appropriate information
- Making appointments for the staff of the department
- Taking personal responsibility in liaison with the head of department to ensure that good customer relations are maintained in the department
- Handling documents and correspondences including;
- Liaising with the Registry to ensure a systematic and expeditious flow of correspondence relating to the department
- Processing and dispatching document and reports of the department as may be required of you by the head of department
- Handling in-coming and out –going correspondences and documents with accuracy
- Collecting and delivering documents and message on prescribed schedules
- Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of documents
- Checking and verifying documents coming to or being issued by the department and reminding them where necessary.
- Providing support to the Head f Department in Managing and Monitoring the Departmental Budget.
Qualification and experience
- A relevant degree in Office Management, Administration or equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience in administrative support, involving secretarial responsibilities, three of which should be supporting at a senior management level.
- Demonstrable ability in preparing reports for high-level meetings, and to present own material to influence decision makers to arrive at certain outcome.
- Taking minutes during departmental meetings and circulating proceedings and minutes for the perusal of members in the Department.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their sealed applications under confidential cover, together with the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae signed and dated by the candidate and relevant academic credentials to the Human Resources Office, Muteesa I Royal University on the email: email@example.com
- Receiving of applications will close on the 18th February 2020 at 5.00pm